I have continued to develop the design, especially considering the available resources to adapt to my tools, materials and possibilities. Basically keep the same structure, but I have adapted many measures and concepts to what I hope is the final design. I’ve also used for machining metal parts, which require some resources that I do not have in my workshop (lathe, drill, milling, TIG welder, bandsaw …).
I’ll start then describe the design details:
Block holder shaft support parts:
Here I have modified a little the shaft I modified the lengths of the ends to make it more versatile. On the one hand I extended the shaft and I left Ø10mm to install the ring gear I’ve bought. A crown of 60 teeth, bought on Ebay. On the other end, still has a Ø12 (for bearings 6001) but I have pursued a M12x1 thread. My idea is to screw a small jaw chuck of lathe Emco Unimat also I have:
This way, I can take small pieces very easily.
The shaft is finished and looks like this:
I’ve got mechanize with H7 tolerance in bearing supports, which I have zero clearance, which I think is essential.
I have also prepared the support plate parts, to prepare a prisoner ring I welded:
Motor support block:
This would be the section of the assembly, so I need a steel plate where screw it all, here it is:
These components have not changed much from the original design.
Here I modified a little something, needing something with sufficient structural strength to keep the belt tight, but I had the possibility of vertical adjustment:
With a vertically oblong plate, I have prepared a small piece that support distributed and to be screwed with a long screw that take two bearings, which will be coming into contact with the belt. I’ve calculated the perimeter length of the belt, the range of adjustment I need, and the length of the oblong therefore by.
Basically it has not changed the design remains an M12 threaded rod that is secured with two nuts, I welded two plates with two holes for screwing the MDF:
These plates have already cut and welded, this is the set:
I also took the opportunity to weld a plate on the end, which I will use later hand cranked.
What I have changed, as seen in the design is that all the counterpoint is a block that is screwed up, so you do not have to remove the entire plate to move. I have also practiced calibrated centering holes to put him, so I hope to always keep the correct position on each anchor point. Obviously I will have to adjust to both the axis of the workpiece and tailstock are perfectly aligned. But that and will be a matter of machining MDF.
Therefore, I consider the design completed, except for some small change on the fly. Now I only cut and machined MDF plates, which of course will bring my own router.